Chuck Underblade Crock Pot Roast
RECIPE PREP TIME: COOK TIME: SERVES:
- 2-3 lb. Chuck underblade roast
• Kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 onions, medium diced
• 2 carrots peeled and chopped
• 2 celery stalks, peeled and chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled
• Fingerling potatoes, washed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, stems removed
• ½ tsp dried thyme
• ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
• 1/8 tsp ground clove (just a pinch)
• Beef stock or water
- Sear the roast in skillet as listed on the Chef’s Cornerpage.
2. Place roast in the slow cooker.
3. Pour excess fat from the skillet pan, add chopped onion, and cook until tender.
4. Add cooked onions to the slow cooker.
5. Add carrots, celery, garlic, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, crushed red pepper and ground clove to the slow cooker.
6. Cover three quarters of the roast with stock or water.
7. Cook on low for 10 hours.
This is a one pot meal!